This hike is offered by Deaun to the beautiful waterfall at Huay Tung Tao. It is a relatively short hike, taking about 90 minited to 2 hrs including a break at the waterfall. We will walk from the Big Buddah, turning off the road heading up toward the falls. From there on the trail will be a shaded forest path which will follow the stream up to the falls. After a break we will retrace our steps for about 500 meters and then take a different trail back to where we start the hike.
Hike Leader: Deaun
If you want to join Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time. We cannot accommodate groups
Meeting Point & Time.
Meet at the standing Buddha statue on the W side of Huay Tung Tao lake at 4:00 PM. You will need to buy a ticket to enter the lake area, 20 baht per person. Huay Tung Thao is 12 km out of town from the North East corner of the moat.
- Driving around the outside of the moat turn left onto Huay Kaeow Rd after the Chiang Mai Ram Hospital. This is the road running out from the NE corner of the moat.
- You will pass Central Kad Suan Kaeow after about 100 m on the left.
- Drive on through the Amari Rincomb intersection, to the Phucombe intersection. The Phucombe intersection is the second major 4 way, traffic lighted, intersection, it is 2 km from the moat.
- Turn right onto the Canal Road and keep going for 6.8 km.
- You will see a sign for the turn off for the Huay Tung Thao lake on the left. Turn left.
- Continue for 2.2 km to the lake. Pay 20 Baht per person at the toll booth.
- When you get to the lake turn left and go around the lake for another 1.1 km.
- You will see the large standing Buddha. We will meet near there. You made it!
Filed under: All posts |