As we will have a longer hike and share cars together, please bring a towel and a second shirt with you. In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.
We will meet at the Arboretum Car Park at 7:20 AM and plan to leave at 7:30 AM. We will pool/share cars and motorbikes to the Doi Suthep Parking area , which will be our starting point.The air might be polluted from the ongoing burning activities, but not as much as in the city. In addition we will walk under trees/ in the shadow most of the time.The first part of the hike will be mostly uphill, but after lunch we will walk downhill back to our vehicles.The total duration of the hike is estimated to be 4 to 5 hours including lunch depending on the group. We plan to have our lunch in the area of Bhupin Palace .
Hike leader: Pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:20 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- correct money for transport (at least 100 bt).
Filed under: All posts |