( As we will have a longer hike and share cars together, please bring a towel and a second shirt with you). In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.
For our hike on Sunday we will meet outside the 700-Year Stadium ( see map below) at 7:20 am for a 7:30 start. Please be on time. We will share/pool cars and motorbikes and will have to drive around 1 hour to our starting point , which will be in Baan Mae Hauw area. This is a hike which requires only average physical fitness as we will be walking up-and down on slightly rising and falling terrain . We will most of the time walk on a narrow dirt road covered by teak trees. A beautiful scenery and a protected natural area. The hike will have an estimated duration of 5-6 hours depending on the group. We are planning to go straight back to the city after the hike. For those who like to have meals and drinks and talk a bit , we can agree on a place in the city where we meet afterwards.
Hike Leader: Pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:20 Am for an 07:30 hours start at the car park in front of the 700 years Stadium ( please see the map).There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaew Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km you will see the traffic lights (don’t go into the Stadium area.)
- when you are at traffic lights of 700 years stadium you will see the big parking area on canal road in front of 700 years stadium there we will meet.
(Please click on map to enlarge)
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks&picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy,team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts