Sunday 26 April
This Sunday we offer two high altitude hikes, same start/end point.
Option one, is a hike from Ban Doi Pui to “Buddha Footprint” and back.
Estimated time 4 hours.
Classified as easy.
Option two, is an extended hike. From “Buddha Footprint” we will continue on the ridge in north direction. Estimated time 6 hours.
Classified as medium.
Up here the sky is blue and the air is cool. We will hike at elevations between 1300 m to 1500 m.
Option is lunch in the village after the hike.
Hike option two have one section with steep downhill.
Both hikes take place on shady and clear trails.
Hike leader option 1: Pam
Hike leader option 2: Anders
If you want to join:
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:20 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). Car pool from here up to Doi Pui village, a drive about 40 minutes.
In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 2 to 3 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear , hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |