For the hike on Sunday we will meet at Arboretum Car Park at 7:50 AM for a start at 8:00 AM. We will take a Songtao up to the Doi Pui checkpoint where we will start the hike. We will walk up to the summit of Doi Pui . Afterwards we will hike downhill to Baan Kun Chang Kien, where we will stop for a short break. After the break we will walk to the 5-way-junction , where we will have our lunch break . Following the lunch break, we will walk to Doi Suthep Temple , where we will go to one of the restaurants . The day we be finished by taking our Sangtao back to the meeting point. Total estimated time (depending on the group) 5-6 hours. Please prepare 180 Baht per person for the Songtao. It would be very useful if you could prepare the exact amount. Hike leader: Pam. If you want to join Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time. We cannot accommodate groups Meeting Place. We will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- correct money for transport (at least 180 bt).
Filed under: All posts |