A local, lower-level hike, which should not be too hot if the rainy season has properly arrived, with no long drive from the meeting place. Distance: 10 kms, up/down 800m, in about 5 hours or so, depending on group speed.
Hike leader: Mike Meeting place: Meet at the small carpark (18º 50.235′ N, 98º 57.168′ E) just before the dam behind the 700p stadium (see map below) at 07.30. Anyone unsure of the way into the Irrigation Dept compound behind the stadium could meet in the stadium carpark first (just inside the entrance gate to the stadium area, 18º 50.377′ N, 98º 57.822′ E) and go in convoy past the friendly, but sometimes inquisitive gate guards and straight on through the compound up the steepish hill to the meeting carpark. Anyone want to volunteer to organise the stadium carpark convoy? Please bring:
- at least 2-3 litres of water/rehydration drink
- energy snacks and picnic lunch
- protection from sun/heat, rain/cold, insects
- strong footwear with good grip and trekking poles/sticks recommended
- lots of energy, enthusiasm, team spirit and good humour
Filed under: All posts |