(In case if is raining heavily on Sunday morning, I might be changing the meeting time-please check on Sunday morning for any updates in the webpage)
As we will have a longer hike and share cars together, please bring a towel and a second shirt with you. In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.
This will be a circular hike starting from Ban Doi Pui, through part of the village, up several steps and then on a forest trail to the road. After a short walk up the road we pass the barrier and continue up hill on the service track to the top. From there we can take an excursion to the summit and then have rest and lunch at the Princess’s Salah. We will descend down the NW face and turn rigth along a fairly level trail until we reach the garden area of Baan Doi Pui.There are three sections to this hike: 1. We start at an elevation of 1,275m in Baan Doi Pui and hike 3.66 km uphill rising 374 metres to reach the summit of Doi Pui. 2. From the summit we descend 368 metres over 1.71 km – rather steep. 3. At the base of Doi Pui we are at an elevation of 1,324m and from here we hike gently for 3.07 km to reach Baan Doi Pui at an elevation of 1,275m. We shall have hiked about 8.5 km for 5 hours including breaks Plan: meet at 07:50 Am at the arboretum. If there are enough drivers we will car pool & Motorbike to Baan Doi Pui. Otherwise we will arrange songtao 160 THB for person. .
Hike leader: Pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time. We cannot accommodate groups.
We will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). How to go to arboretum car park:
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- Money for transport (160 bt).
Filed under: All posts |