(In case if is raining heavily on Sunday morning, I might be changing the meeting time-please check on Sunday morning for any updates in the webpage)
As we will have to share cars together, please bring a towel and a second shirt with you. In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.
We will meet at the Arboretum at 7:45 for an 8am departure, and drive up to the village, which takes about 1 hour. After a quick coffee there we will begin walking. The circular hike is a variation on one we have done before, shady and with moderate up and down hills, bringing us back to the village in about 3-31/2 hours. We will then drive back down to the parking lot at Wat Prathat Doi Suthep for lunch. The plan is to be finished and back at the arboretum by 2pm as there is a very large biking event starting at the Convention Center at 3pm which will probably cause heavier than usual traffic on Huay Kaew. Remember to bring drinking water, good shoes, rain-gear, a snack, and 100 baht for your driver.
Hike leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:45 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.
Filed under: All posts |