This hike takes in two lovely forest temples, as well as a high viewpoint and the natural environment of the paths in between.
After meeting at the Arboretum (see below), we will carpool to the start point at Pa Lad Temple. (If there are not enough cars, we may hire a songthaew red bus at an estimated cost of 40 baht per person). Before we start walking, we take a look around to see its beautiful Lanna art and architecture. The beginning of the hike is a little steep but the rest is fine (beginner – intermediate). First stop is at Bhubing Palace scenic point at the altitude of over 1000 meters from the sea. Then we visit the ancient ruined temple in the forest nearby. We continue to the finishing point at Doi Suthep Temple. Finally, we take the red bus from there back to Pa Lad Temple (for the cars) and the Arboretum meeting point (for the carless). The trip will take about 5 hours under the shade of trees (Hiking time depends on the group).
Hike leaders: Chan and Tom
We will meet at 07:30 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). The shared chars (and songthaew bus if we need one) will leave at 07:40.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below.
If you want to join:
- Make sure you have read the general information on this website: “About Chiang Mai Hiking”, “Things to bring”, “What to do” and “Dangers”
- If you still judge that you and the hike are suitable for each other, just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
- We cannot accommodate groups.
Specially remember to bring:
- At least 1.5 litres of water
- Insect repellant
- Money for songthaews (40-80 Baht) and possible cafe refreshments at the end.
Filed under: All posts