Since two of the original planners/leaders fell ill, a new leader has stepped in. Thanks, Richard! As a result, the route may have to be varied from what was originally advertized. However, the meeting point and starting point remain the same.
Please also note that the weather may be colder than usual for our hikes. Bring something warm to wear when resting. As usual, please note that all hikers are responsible for their own comfort, safety and actions.
For an end-of-year trip we make a loop atop Doi Pui, beginning at Doi Pui Village. We will enjoy the cool breeze at the altitude of 1600 meters.
We will set off at Doi Pui Village. The beginning of the track is a little uphill but the hike is not very difficult on the whole. This trip will take around 5 hours (depending on the group). At the end many of us may enjoy a meal together in one of the little restaurants in Doi Pui Village.
Hike leader: Richard
We will meet at 07:30 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). The shared cars (and songthaew bus if we need one) will leave at 07:40.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below.
If you want to join:
- Make sure you have read the general information on this website: “About Chiang Mai Hiking”, “Things to bring”, “What to do” and “Dangers”
- Then just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
- We cannot accommodate groups.
Specially remember to bring:
- Something warm to wear when not moving vigorously!
- Money to share gasoline or bus costs (THB 100 recommended for car-sharing), and for meal at the end.
- Snacks for the way.
Filed under: All posts