Cool breezes and high-altitude (up to 1,804m) ridge-top views in the Doi Lanka area but also quite a lot of up- and down-hill. About 9 kms in about 6 hours, up 600m/down 900m. A few narrow trail sections above steep drops and a few short steep slippery-leaf sections, but mostly clear trails.
After safely reaching our vehicles, we’ll drive to our favorite watering hole, Pang Hai Coffee, for beer and other refreshments.
Hike leader: Matsu
We will carshare out to the 1252 road, leaving at least one vehicle at the hike end point, and then starting the hike from the carpark at Wat Kio Tam (Kham in roman script on map) at over 1,100m, and where clean toilets are available. See green trail in map above. Seats in cars cannot be guaranteed. No groups please.
Meeting place: Meet at Bangjak Petrol Station (18º 52.408′ N, 99º 8.040′ E) on H.118 to Chiangrai, just after the junction with H.1007 into Doi Saket (see map below; click to enlarge) town at 07.20. There will be be a ‘pre-meet’ at the usual place in front of CenFes (opposite Isuzu, 18º 48.313′ N, 99º 1.197′ E) on the same road at 07.00 for those who need transport and those who have room for passengers.
- at least 2 litres of water/rehydration drink
- energy snacks and picnic lunch
- protection from sun/heat, rain/cold, leeches, ticks and other insects
- strong footwear with good grip and trekking poles/sticks recommended
- lots of energy, enthusiasm, team spirit and good humour
- THB 100 for your driver and a change of shirt/clothes if you need a lift
Filed under: All posts