Hike leaders: Kurt H, Tom and Nina
If you want to join, be sure you have read the general advice on this website, as well as this particular post. If you still think the hike is for you then just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
We will meet in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (just before the Zoo) at 07:50 for an 08:00 start. From there we will carpool to the start point.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more
- good footwear, hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- 100 Baht contribution for fuel if you need lifts from Arboretum to the village and back. Car places are usually available, but cannot be guaranteed.
- spare shirt, washing flannel, bag for boots etc to avoid in-car smelliness on return drive.
- snacks/packed breakfast. Also money for lunch/drink in the village at the end.
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.