This Sunday’s hike offers a bit of a change of scenery from the last few weeks. We will be hiking mainly along farmers trails through agricultural land with some lovely views, seasonal conditions permitting. The hike is at a relatively high altitude, starting at 1000m rising to about 1400m (a total altitude gain of around 700m) and a total distance of about 11km. Although there is a fair amount of shade hats and sunblock are a must and do consider additional fluids too.
It should be noted that our post-hike watering hole does not serve rice or noodle dishes, only snacks so, if you want anything more substantial you will have to bring it along.
Hike leaders: Anders & PGB
If you want to join, be sure you have read the general advice on this website, as well as this particular post. If you still think the hike is for you then just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups. Seats in cars cannot be guaranteed.
We will meet at 07.15 am for an 07.30 start, in front of the 700-year stadium (see map), just beside the 121 irrigation canal road (not inside the stadium), then carpool to the hike start point.
Please bring :
- at least 2 litres of water/rehydration drink
- 100Bht for your driver if sharing their car.
- sunhat, sunblock, rain protection.
- energy, enthusiasm, and good humour.
- spare fresh T-shirt, frock or tux you can change into at the end, especially if you are going to be traveling home with others in a car.
Filed under: Hike Reports |