(Please check the website at 07:00 on Sunday morning before leaving for the meet point. It might be canceled if there is heavy rain.)
This is a fun outing with a bit of hiking included. We drive to the starting point in Mae Wang District (60-80 minutes), walk easily up to the Huai Hoi Waterfall (about 90 minutes), take a leisurely picnic refreshment and splash about under the waterfall (about 60 minutes), and then go back. Purist hikers who wish to forego lunch/splashing may have an opportunity to yomp to a higher waterfall instead.
Hike Leader: Matsu.
If you want to join: Please make sure you have read the general advice on this website as well as the specific details in this hike post. If you still think the hike is for you, just turn up! We will be car-pooling. Places in cars are usually available, but cannot be absolutely guaranteed.
Meeting Point & Time:
This time we will meet at 07:50 for 08:00 start
We will meet at the big open area 50 metres past the PTT gas station on Canal road (about 0.5 km south of Suthep Road please see map below).
- around 2 litres of water
- picnic food and perhaps ‘extra drinks’ (nice to bring food that can be shared)
- swimming wear and towel
- spare shirt etc for in-car freshness on the way home
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy,team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.
Filed under: All posts