- The hike length is about 10km, with about 650m elevation gain and estimated walking time will be 5 hours.
- Above an elevation of 700m the route will be a steep and rocky uphill trail with no shade and there is knife ridge at a part of the trail.
- We choose an easier approach than last time, in order to get to the peak (although for returning we will use the original route). Since the route is now a loop, if you find you cannot continue on the ascent, you will need to go back to the starting place using your GPS and wait for the other hikers to return.
Option : After the hiking, we will go to a restaurant to have meals, cold beers and drinks. And then, those who wish can swim at the swimming pool of San Kampaeng hot springs. (Hot springs entrance fees are: Foreign tourists for THB100, Foreign residents with Thai driving licence for THB50, Thai adults for THB40, Thai children for THB20. Swimming pool fee for THB50, Private bathing room for THB60.)
Hike Leader: Matsu
If you want to join: just turn up at the meeting place on the day, on time. We cannot accommodate groups and cannot guarantee seats in cars. Well-behaved dogs are welcome on the hike, but not in the hot springs area. Please give 100 baht to your driver towards fuel costs if you need a lift, and bring a change of clothes for the return journey.
We will meet at 07:20 in front of Promenada Mall on R1317 (location marked “A” on the map below) and start on time at 07:30. We head straight out along the R1317 and move onto Mae Pha Haen reservoir.
- At least 2 liters of water,
- snacks/picnic brunch,
- good footwear, hiking poles,
- hat, rain wear,
- insect repellent, sun-block if you are sensitive,
- change of clothes/plastic bag for muddy footwear for the return car journey,
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour,
- THB100 if you are a passenger and something for any drinks/meal you buy afterwards.
- swimsuit, towel, change of clothes/footwear for hot springs (if you choose the option)
Filed under: All posts